These two cute little lip balm you can carry everywhere, they are so light and small but most importantly they work! They immediately moisturise lips and taste good. I especially like the “Antioxidant Berry” flavour for a clear moisturising lip balm and the “Berry Crush” colour for a bold red coloured lips. The red colour stains your lips a bit, so eating and drinking water is not a problem!
Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum/Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma/Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel/Honey/Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, [+/- May Contain/Peut Contenir, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Ci 45410/Red 28 Lake, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499/Iron Oxides, Ci 15850/Red 7, Ci 45380/Red 22 Lake, Ci 19140/Yellow 5 Lake. Ci 42090/Blue 1 Lake, Ci 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, Ci 75470/Carmine].
- Skin Conditioners: Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel/Honey/Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen.
- Emollients: Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Diisostearyl Malate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate.
- Perfume/ Flavours: Parfum/Fragrance, Aroma/Flavor, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Eugenol
- Antioxidants: Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Ascorbic Acid.
- Binders: Polybutene, Ozoerite to bind the ingredients together.
- UV Filters: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate to protect the lips from UV rays.
- Film Formers: Polyethylene, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer produces a film on the lips.
- Colourants: Aluminum Hydroxide, Tin Oxide, May Contain +/- Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Ci 45410/Red 28 Lake, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499/Iron Oxides, Ci 15850/Red 7, Ci 45380/Red 22 Lake, Ci 19140/Yellow 5 Lake. Ci 42090/Blue 1 Lake, Ci 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, Ci 75470/Carmine.
- Anticaking Agents: Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Alumina, Silica helps the product not clump together.
- Bulking Agents: Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate are added to increase the weight or volume of the product.
Front of Pack (FOP):
- SPF20 Lip Balm
- 12H Moisture
- Instant Hydration
- Anti-oxidant Berry
Back of Pack (BOP):
- Long 12h moisture & hydration
- Shed away rough dryness for a supple and smooth looking lips all day long
- Overtime rejuvenated lips
- Helps smooth the appearance of fine lines
- Lips feel soothing and calm
- Lips look plumpy and supple
This product contains a lot of moisturising and hydrating ingredients (which is what a lip product should have anyway). There are a couple of claims like plumpy and helps smooth the appearance of fine lines that I am not sure it can be substantiated by the ingredients in the product (and it cannot be seen when I use this product). But nevertheless, it looks like the product is mainly based on hydrating and moisturising the lips. A couple of claims are discussed below:
- SPF products are becoming more and more popular especially in Australia where the sun is always so bright and strong. This product does contain UV filters to help protect the lips from UV rays but whether it is SPF20 we won’t know unless we see the test results (which is not possible). So assuming this claim is true, it is a really good start for this product.
- 12 hours long lasting and hydration is always a good claim to have. But this will depend on how much your lips are chapped, cracked, dry etc. I have never closely monitored this claim because I would apply lip balm after I eat and would leave it on until I eat again. This lip balm however does have a lot of emollients and skin conditioners to help moisture the lips. For example, Honey is known to have many properties such as anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, soothing and moisturising.
- Ingredients like Tocopherol Acetate, Aloe Vera, Petrolatum, Honey, Shea Butter are good for the soothing, calming and rejuvenating the lips.
There are a couple of fragrance allergen ingredients in this product (Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Linalool, Hexy Cinnamal) however they are safe when used at a low concentration as specified in the EU regulations.