I use this night cream almost every night and it is my one of my favourite night products. The cream is so light and not heavy on the face, it feels like I am not wearing any moisturiser at all. It is very suitable for me as this night cream doesn’t feel oily and it absorbs in the skin very quickly. I really like the cocoa smell, it is really pleasant and not too strong and overpowering. This product definitely helps with dry skin. I would recommend this night cream if you want to prevent further skin dryness overnight.
- Emulsifiers: Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20 and Steareth-20.
- Skin Conditioners: Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Retinol and Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract.
- Emollients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane and Diethylhexyl Sebacate gives the non greasy, matte texture.
- Humectants: Glycereth-26, Glycerin and Propylene Glycol.
- Chelating Agent: Tetrasodium EDTA.
- Absorbant: Sodium Polyacrylate absorbs water and thickens the product. It can also be used to stabilise the product and can act as an emollient.
- Preservatives: Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Potassium Sorbate and Benzyl Benzoate.
- Perfume/ Fragrance: Coumarin.
- Antioxidant: Tocopheryl Acetate. BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene) is an antioxidant that can also act as a preservative. In this case BHT helps protect the product from degradation caused by reactions with oxygen.
Front of Pack (FOP):
- With Vitamin E
- Moisture Rich
- For overnight renewal
- Retinol, Peptide Complex, Shea Butter and Aloe
- 100% free of paraben, phthalates, dyes
Back of Pack (BOP):
- Palmer’s Moisture Rich Night Cream helps skin regenerate while you sleep.
- Containing Natural Cocoa Butter, Retinol and Antioxidant Vitamin E, this unique formula promotes softer, smoother skin overnight.
- Nightly use leaves skin looking more radiant, youthful and healthy.
- Non Comedogenic, Dermatologist Test. Safe for Sensitive Skin.
This product is has a lot of skin conditioners which helps moisturises the skin intensively. A couple of good ingredients are discussed below:
- Retinol also known as Vitamin A can help reduce dry/ damaged skin and can be used as an anti-ageing ingredient.
- The Peptide Complex; Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 is known to preserve and renew collagen.
- Shea Butter; Butyrospermum Parkii is known for its anti-ageing and anti-inflammatory properties but its main function in this product is conditioning/ maintaining skin.
- Aloe; Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice has many functions in personal care products. It is almost like a default ingredient as it has many skin benefits and properties including anti-inflammatory, soothing, antiseptic, moisturising etc.
- Cocoa; Theobroma Cacao not only good for ingestion but also good at maintaining skins health. It is rich in phytochemicals which helps maintain skin and has photoprotective mechanisms.
- Vitamin E; Tocopheryl Acetate is an antioxidant and skin conditioner.
There is a fragrance allergen ingredients in this product; coumarin. This ingredient is known to cause allergic reactions. but is safe if used in a low concentration as specified in the EU regulations.